Monday 29 May 2017

Thank you

So Ichthyosis Awareness Month 2017 is now over but for us and many others, our life with ichthyosis continues.

The aim of starting this blog was to give you all an insight into our lives as a family and to give you an insight into something that you may not know much about.  Some of you that know us personally will know some of the stuff I have spoken about, some of it I have only told a handful of people and some of it I have never shared. 

Another reason for starting this blog was to hopefully help other new families starting out on their ichthyosis journey; we felt very alone in the beginning before we connected with other families and I wouldn’t want anyone else to feel like that.  I found that it was nice to be able to see how things would be in the future for our son, it helped to have an insight from other families so that is what I wanted to do here.

 I have really enjoyed writing the posts this month and will continue to upload new posts as and when I feel I have something to share with you all (definitely won’t be every day as I’m pretty worn out!!)  I hope that you have all enjoyed reading my daily posts, I hope that you have learnt some new facts and words and I would encourage all of you to now go and spread the word, tell someone about ichthyosis.  Next time I have to tell someone about Alfies condition it would be lovely if they responded with ‘oh yes I have heard of that’ instead of the usual blank look!!

Writing the blog this month has not been easy and there have definitely been some posts that were very hard to write.  I would like to thank my guest posters this month; Lee, Rebecca and Mum.  They have saved me from having to write everything completely myself (!) and it was nice for me to read things from another perspective too.  Also thanks to the star of the show Alfie for his input!!

Finally, a HUGE ‘thank you’ to everyone who has read or shared my posts every day and for the lovely positive comments I have received either via the blog, text, facebook.  And thank you to the wonderful ISG and to Ichthyosis Awareness Worldwide for letting me post on their pages every day during May.
 

Right, I’m off for a lie down in a dark room!  Someone send gin please!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Catherine, i share anything with u but not my gin! Xxxx mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Catherine, i share anything with u but not my gin! Xxxx mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🍷sorry, no gin within this sign set...

    Enjoy this digital red wine, it's well earned.

    I realky enjoy your blog and started my own.

    ReplyDelete